This is a dumping ground of software development topics that I've run across and found interesting (mainly .NET development). Many topics are covered more thoroughly in other places, and much of the information is gleaned from other places, and I'll try to credit those sources when possible.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Windows Firewall for FTP

This is silly, but it hung me up for more than a few minutes. I was trying to FTP from a laptop to my desktop PC (running Microsoft's IIS FTP server). The client would claim it was connected, then after a few seconds, report "Connection closed by remote host." So I'm guessing it's a firewall problem, and I'm right (for a change), but it was still not easy to find. So below are the screen shots of the magical checkbox I needed to check.

No comments:

Followers