This is a dumping ground of software development topics that I've run across and found interesting (mainly .NET development). Many topics are covered more thoroughly in other places, and much of the information is gleaned from other places, and I'll try to credit those sources when possible.

Friday, October 20, 2006

C# .NET Click vs. DoubleClick

This is kind of silly, but slightly interesting nonetheless. I needed to create a backdoor into a WinForm app, so I chose a lucky Label to be the gatekeeper. Ten clicks on the Label control and then enter the secret password to get in. Sounds simple enough, but adding a handler for the Label's Click event didn't quite work. I'm a notorious fast clicker, and it turns out many of my clicks were actually interpretted as double clicks. So if I clicked slowly ten times, it would work. That's the long story, the short story is, I used the MouseDown event instead.

No comments:

Followers